Slider[Style1]

Style2

Style3[OneLeft]

Style3[OneRight]

Style4

Style5[ImagesOnly]

Judy Brady

  Judy Brady's purpose of the essay, "I Want a Wife",  is to show women how men think, act, and feel. She being a feminist wants to show how men truly think of woman, that when they get what they want men set women aside for bigger and better things. Not only that but she wants to let the world know that she is fed up with everything that she is doing and wants to switch roles where she is the husband. Brady wants to have the satisfaction of not having to do those household things. Brady writes this essay in the 1st person,  She is writing as the man who wants a wife. She makes a list of the responsibilities that a typical woman from the 1970's would have. The tone of the essay isn't clear cut, but she is calm but clearly acting out about how men are and that they are evil and are two-faced. Her message was clear. She wanted women to know how men truly are. That they shouldn't believe anything that men say because it's not what they truly feel or want. That in the end no matter what women go through with men that they will get tossed aside like garbage.

  I believe that in the essay "I Want a Wife", Brady effectively showed that her message was women are under appreciated and that she is fed up with it. That men take wives for granted. "If by chance I find more suitable as a wife than the wife i already have, I want the liberty to replace my current wife with a new one." That is a pretty clear cut message of how Brady portrays what Husbands do. At that time I think that the piece was worth saying, she is a wife and wants to show other wives that they aren't the only ones fed up with the system of marriage. "I belong to that classification of people known as wives. I am a wife. And, not altogether incidentally I am a mother." I think she just wants people to know that she wants to reverse roles for a bit. I don't think today that all of it would be the case, yes there are wives that are still in this role. But in other cases a lot of wives are the ones bringing home the bacon and the husbands stay at home and take care of the kids, cook, clean and other things of that nature.

Adapted from internet
Kannur University Previous year Questions and answers|Results|Guides|Tutorials
Prescribed Unit for 2nd semseter BCA,BBA,Bsc

About VinAy KrishNan

iam Optimistic,Candid and a Responsible Boy I want to do my things succesfully.I love blogging and WebDesigning.help and support me.I love to write in Technology,Travel and more...
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

3 comments:

Google